To maintain close links with companies involved in the development of real-life Semantic Web applications, both in order to inform the design and development process and to assess results; to ensure that the results of the project are disseminated as widely as possible by organising a major international conference on the Semantic Web; to evaluate the potential for the commercial exploitation of WonderWeb technologies.
Description of work
Assessment, dissemination and evaluation of WonderWeb technologies and methodologies.
- The organisation of regular meetings and workshops in order to disseminate results to and receive feedback and assessment from the members of the industrial advisory board.
- Coordinating with members of the industrial advisory board on the development/acquisition of industrial ontologies for testing and assessment purposes.
- The organisation of a major international conference on the Semantic Web at which WonderWeb results can be presented to an international audience of researchers and industialists.
- The evaluation of WonderWeb technologies and methodologies in relation to competitor technologies, and an assessment of the market for WonderWeb technologies.
- D23 Assessment Report: A report reviewing the results of assessments of WonderWeb technologies and methodologies in real life industrial applications.
- D24 International Conference: A major international conference on the Semantic Web.
- D25 Evaluation and Market Report}: A report on the evaluation of WonderWeb technologies and an assessment of the potential market, including guidance as to directions for further development in response to evolving industrial requirements.
Milestones and expected result
The expected results of this workpackage are regular project workshops and an assessment roport, the organisation of a major international conference on the Semantic Web, and an evaluation and market report.
- MS9 Evaluation and market report (month 30).